Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bleu Cheese


My mom picked me up 2 bleu cheeses from DiBruno Bros. on Saturday and now they’re gone. I guess my love for bleu cheese really stems out of the fact that it has such a strong and distinct flavor. Unlike cheddar or Swiss, bleu cheese has a great pungency that gives it character. It’s therefore much more interesting to eat than something such as cheddar. I can understand however, why people oppose it. When I go to Dibruno’s however, I want to try the stinkiest, most pungent cheese possible, something unique that I haven’t had before. I guess I can really relate this to food in general (not that I want the stinkiest food) in the sense that when I go to a restaurant, I don’t want chicken or salmon. I want foie gras, calf liver, cow tongue, or something interesting that you won’t get with your everyday swiss. Just a quick thought from my food obsessed mind.
Note: Pictured is one of my favorite bleus; Shropshire.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

CHEESE GROMMIT
-Richie