Friday, November 20, 2009

Candy Blondies


I like Halloween (it's capitalized because I do believe it should be a national holiday) candy, but it's really unsatisfying. It's like a rush of sugar that just leaves me wanting more. Even Reese's I feel just isn't substantial enough to be a dessert. I'd much rather eat a brownie, or a cookie. If I'm going to splurge on a treat, it has gotta be dense, gooey and indulgent and it must leave me satisfied.

Recently, I've been making blondies to satisfy this craving. They really taste too good for their difficulty level, and the time commitment is negligible (Total time minutes oven time=about 10 minutes). To add to that, they're made with basic pantry staples and they're infinitely adaptable to individual preference.

Just recently i made these with reese's peanut butter cups, snickers, and candy corn. I only eat brownies medium rare, so I left them very gooey in the middle. They were really fantastic. I gave one to this girl that I'm tryna impress. They were really that good.

Basic Blondie Recipe
(recipe is really easy to remember since it's all 1's)

1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1tsp vanilla
1 pinch salt
1 cup flour

1) preheat oven to 350

2) grease an 8w8 pan

3) melt the butter in a saucepan

4) add the sugar, then beat in the egg, vanilla and salt.

5) Fold in the Flour

6) Fold in 1/2 cup to 1 cup of anything you like!

7) Transfer to the pan and bake for about 25 minutes, or to your desired doneness.

6 comments:

The Empress said...

Hi there,

I'm a reader in England, so I need to ask: approximately what does a "stick" of butter weigh?

Nick N said...

sorry bout that

1 stick=8 tbs= 4 oz= 1/2 cup

Anonymous said...

A stick of butter weighs 113 g.

Anonymous said...

i have such a crush on you! too bad i'm like, twice your age. keep doing what you're doing. more boys & men need to be more like you.

The Empress said...

Fantastic, thanks! Keep up the good work: yours is one of a few blogs that I check every day without fail.

One you might be interested in is written by a friend of mine: www.londonfoodieny.com

Anonymous said...

how did it go with the girl you're trying to impress?