Monday, May 12, 2008

Herb Garden


As I did last year, I once again decided to have an herb garden for the summer. Why would I go to the trouble of watering the plants, keeping them from predators and so on when herbs will always be waiting at Whole Foods? Well firstly, my mom takes care of that and second, the freshness, and organicality (add that to the dictionary) is ensured. I just love the feeling of having your own vegetables and herbs in your backyard. I dream of having a restaurant in Sonoma that grows its own vegetables and makes a house wine from the vineyard out back.

We're growing pasley, basil, mint, curry, thyme, romaine lettuce, strawberries, coriander, green peppers and of course, heirloom tomatoes. We're even growing Cabernet Grapes! This fresh produce will constantly be featured in my summer dishes.

No comments: