Thursday, May 8, 2008

I'm Popeye's Wet Dream



I'm popeye's wet dream, quotes Andrew, amidst a mountain of spinach.

This week's episode was my favorite yet, despite the fact that they took out the beloved restaurant wars and replaced it "Wedding Wars." The cheftestants started with the skills challenge, which divided them in two teams and pitted them against eachother in peeling oranges, cleaning artichokes, filleting monkfish, and making mayo.

Richard's (blonde mohawk) team obviously prevailed as it was clear they had the better cooks. They then won the elimination challenge which required them to cater a wedding. We saw Dale freak out a few times, Andrew utter a few priceless quotes, and we saw Richard do that thing he does (win).

Did anyone see that monkfish dinosaur? That thing is rediculous! I wonder if that's what gave Andrew a "culinary boner?" Or maybe it was my girl Stephanie who really knows how to work a whisk.

I loved seeing Dale get angry and dent that locker, kinda exposes him for the five-year old he is. The Dale, Stephanie, Nikki tension really elevated Top Chef in the drama aspect. I felt like I was watching the "Real World" with no sneaky hookups and a lot of stoves in the house. Actually I take that back. Who knows what happened with Spike and Mark (the aussie) in that bathtub.

I don't know how the contestants managed to stay up for over 24 hours without passing out. All that seemed to do was create a few yawns and stop Andrew from talking.

Anyway, the food from that challenge was delicious. I wanted Richard's brisket and I would've loved some of Stephanie's cake. In the end, Richard pulled out the victory, but gave the award to Stephanie (what a guy) because she took the challenge of making the cake. Nikki was ultimately sent home, probably because she hasn't done anything up until now. She had just been gliding by on the strands of her pasta, not creating any sort of impact on the competition. I stick with my prediction and say Richard's gonna win. I have money resting on him and I have the utmost confidence that he will pull out the W.

Until Next Thursday

3 comments:

marthadotcom said...

I called Nikki within the first five minutes of the show! When she wouldn't step up and take control of the menu and her team, she sealed her own fate. Dale is talented, but such a whiner. Dude, we rarely like/respect everyone we work with in a group, so step up, be a man and lead your team if you think you're the strongest!

Nick N said...

Martha I think I might just switch that comment with my post.

Anonymous said...

who is that woman in the picture? she's one of the first google image results for "popeye".