Saturday, September 13, 2008

Butter Butter Butter

Butter Butter Butter, give me more butter! A little while ago, prolonged blog searching had led me to Bay Area Bites where I found the most peculiar recipe.Now on this website, I discovered that you don't have to have a butter churn, live in Lancaster, or even be Amish to make your own butter. All you need is some cream and a Cuisinart with the whisk attachment!
Begin by whisking the cream in your Cuisinart. Continue whisking past the soft and hard peak stages, until the buttermilk separates from the rest of the mixture.

At this point, combine your butter in a ball, pour off excess buttermilk, and knead your butter to remove more buttermilk (which will cause your butter to turn rancid quicker). Wash your butter, then place in the fridge, or return to the Cuisinart and whip, making it creamier.

At this point, add salt or herbs as you see fit. I added some Italian sea salt.

And enjoy! This butter is sweet and extra creamy. I can only imagine what it would taste like with raw cream. My favorite way to enjoy this is on top of toasted whole wheat bread with extra fleur de sel on top.

2 comments:

MikeSushi said...

Butter is Better. Looks good. Try it with goat Cream and Cow Cream together.

TryIndy said...

I've been wanting to try this since I saw it here not too long ago....

http://ridiculousfoodsociety.blogspot.com/2008/11/butter-bell-awesome-kitchen-doo-dad-i.html