Thursday, October 29, 2009

More Lunch

It's been a rough week. I feel overloaded with school assignments. My week was improved today however, when I made a curious discovery in the cafeteria. Today, nudged up next to the choco tacos and chipwiches were little styrofoam containers of pumpkin ice cream. I got one and it was actually delicious! I'll just pray there's more tomorrow. Here are some more shots from the caf. I think I'll do posts like this every once in a while throughout the year. It's interesting no?




This is sarah with her lunch of peanut butter and fluff on soft white, a brownie, goldfish, gushers, and that coveted honeycrisp apple. Her "favorite." One of her close friends once told me that she subsists largely on a cheese and ice cream: an enviable diet if you ask me. Sarah also reads my blog, so she will probably ask me who said that in the near future.

This is Jake, one of the pickiest eaters I know. I'm actually really surprised that his peanut butter and nutella is on wheat bread. He's such the person to only eat white. His mom makes him his lunch every day, and every day it's the same thing. His lunch may be the most widely stolen in the cafeteria. People are constantly trying to get his peeled and sliced apples every day.

Here's Matt. The picture makes him look like a big tough guy but he's actually a softie. He's a soccer player and his lunch almost always consists of 2 Uncrustables. Today however, he went to Wawa and got this spicy chicken sandwich with lettuce, peppers, honey mustard, and oregano and some barbecue potato chips and some sour patch kids: a "guy" lunch.

This is Jesse. He's a goofball, all the girls think he's good looking and if they saw his lunch, they'd probably think it was cute too. I mean look at it. Peanut butter and grape jelly (his preference), an apple and some carrots. No he's not a vegan, but he is my boy.

This is Justin. He's just an overall real friendly kid who everyone gets along with. He also often has awesome sandwiches that he lets me taste. Today he's just got some turkey-- I caught him on a bad day.

And that's all for now. More from around the cafeteria in the future.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Very interesting. Jesse's lunch is cute. Him.... eh.
This is so fake life, if you know that saying.
And... who did say that about me? Can't complain, it's 100% true. Dairy<3333

girlrobot said...

wow that's so cool that you and all of your friends bring your lunch. nobody did that when I was in hs...we always ate at the caf or got fast food! if I could go back...i'd be bringing my lunch. oh peer pressure...how i don't miss thee.

JT said...

I really hope this becomes a permanent feature on your site! I really love the idea-it's so original and unlike what any other blogs are doing. I also like that you added more back story and personal info this time. Can't wait for more!

Anonymous said...

Can I just say - I love your blog entries. Your passion for experimenting and improving your skills as a cook is evident - but I also really like these posts from your school (I am in year 12 in Australia and it's interesting to see different schools!) Always great stuff: thank you for sharing it with us.

Anonymous said...

Love the cafeteria shots...but then I really enjoy all of your posts. Your writing and point of view are exceptional. thanks!

Mandoline said...

This is so cool. Does everyone bring their lunch or just everyone you know? What are they serving in the cafeteria?

Rachel said...

this brings back fun memories. you're blog is great, keep it up!

Geoff Egan said...

Apples, apples, apples! Phillie is the city where nobody has ever heard of peaches, pears, bananas or grapes? Or happier reason-just that time of year where everyone's mom is buying local produce(good idea that)?

Good idea for an entry-will be interesting to see what people are eating in the next few months. But what an always enchanting blog.

Anonymous said...

Geoff,
Please continue to bust Nick's chops about grapes and their low profile in his blog. He still thinks mango is a major player. I am not sure which part of the East Coast grows mangoes for the loca-vores. Luckily, the average high school student is more tempted by the original forbidden fruit than those *&^%ing mangoes!

grace said...

haha I love how you guys call it pb and jelly!
over here (australia) we call it jam, and jelly is this clear wobbly stuff that you eat by itself or with icecream :)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed that post so much, I think this will inspire me to do better by my girls. My lunch making skills were failing so much so that my fifteen year old has resorted to hot lunch. Oh the shame...