Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 random things about me

I saw this on Dave Lebovitz's (Lebovitz' ?) blog and thought it was a great idea. I like writing these kind of self-assessment type things. They really make you think, and they teach you a lot about yourself.

1. You don't get all of me with this blog. You only get 25%.

2. I secretly hate it when I give someone food that I think is the best, and they tell me it's just good."

3. My digital scale and my 1970's KitchenAid mixer are my best friends, my digital thermometer- that's a love-hate relationship.

4. Sometimes I wish my family didn't read my blog- I could include some different content, if you know what I mean.

5. I like that my family reads my blog so I can get consistent feedback.

6. I sometimes wish that I could get in other people's brains so that I could verify that I'm smarter than them.

7. I get stressed out easily. Being around certain people stressed me out.

8. I want to start an underground network selling my cookies in school.

9. Once I make enough money from this network I'll drop out of school and move to Florida.

10. Bula Nightingale keeps asking me who Bula Nightingale is.

11. Top Chef pisses me off just as much as I like it. There's so many commercials it seems, and half the show is judging. I'll keep watching for Padma though.

12. I wish I could fast forward through the proofing process of bread making.

12 1/2. I'm currently reading East of Eden and as I'm reading, my mind drifts off to some fantasy that I'll write someday about the magnificent yeast of eden.

Next half to come tomorrow

9 comments:

WindintheWires said...

I read East of Eden last summer--that took a while to get through, but now I'll be prepared for when I have to read it next year in class

As for the selling cookies thing, I wish I could do the same. But with everythinh I bake. I'm sick of seeing my hours of hard work being thrown away. . .

Anonymous said...

4. That's why I don't tell anyone I know about my lj =/
12. SAME!!!

Crafty Lady said...

AAAHHH! Don't move to Florida, just don't. Not that we wouldn't love to have you here, just...people who move here tend to realize that it wasn't what they thought. There are beaches, beautiful ones even. There are palm trees too, but they aren't as pretty as you think. The humidity gets to somewhere around 500% in the summer and it really has been hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk.
Take the advice of someone who has lived both in NJ (near Cherry Hill) as well as Daytona Beach. The grass isn't always greener! I would appreciate the underground network expanding to include cookie shipments to FL though!

Anonymous said...

I wish I was the opposite version of 17.

I agree w/ 20 and I'm the exact same way.

And I hear you on the food depts in restaurants n' whatnot. : P

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

Great blog! It's been a while since I was in high school, but I think if you sell cookies at school, you will become rich.

clin said...

When you will have a vlog?

Anonymous said...

u live in the philadelphia suberbs, too??? so do i. (my brother loves food, and i think he's so friggen annoying, but you sound kinda cool)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I know this is an older post, but East of Eden is one of my favorites. I'm glad you read it.