Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Recent Chat with a friend

Her: when i grow up i wan t to have a huge kitchen with herbs and hams and lavender and copper pots hanging from the ceiling and a stone cellar full of homemade wine and cheese, that would be amazing.

Me: I've decided that even if it means the rest of my house has to be small and I have to sleep in a cupboard, I'm gonna have a huge kitchen in my house. If I have enough money, Ima have a wine cellar with all these expensive vintages, and my basement will smell of curing meats and aging cheeses. ahhh what a thought

Her: haha thats so good, honestly i could just sleep in my cellar if it was like that. actually though, i think it would be totally awesome to have a super fun adventurous life and then when i retired to own a little farm in like, the netherlands and have an enormous garden and horses and cows and goats and chickens and just make cheese and tend my garden till the end of my days. kind of silly. but nonetheless.

Me: Wanna get married?







Didn't actually say the last part, would've been weird.

7 comments:

Cali said...

Sometimes it's OK to go out on a limb, too. You could have said that last line, you'd just have to tack on a, "...ya know, in twenty years or so."

James said...

Sounds like the houses I cook in all the time. Without the hams sadly...... though some have chickens. Chickens make much more sense than people.

Arm70 said...

Don't worry Nick...you're already on your way to having all of those things. : )

Jumper said...

You shoulda said it.

On a different note, I just used the last of the wine vinegar and saw a nice "mother" in it. (now that I recognize it for what it is because up til recently, I would have said "eww, yuck, what's that?)

Ever made vinegar? I'd be on it NOW but I'm out of wine. Heck, I might MAKE some wine today just so I can try it...

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

She seems like the marrying type to me!

Shannon said...

i always say the same thing: that if i ever have some extra money i will have this fabulous kitchen with all the amenties and just make great food all day

Anonymous said...

The Netherlands is one of the worst places on earth to eat. Time for a rethink on retirement.